June 27, 2019
These are my quick go-to muffins. It’s a rainy Sunday here so it definitely calls for warm chocolate chip muffins! I’ve switched chocolate chips out with blueberries and nectarines before too. Make sure you if you use frozen fruit to thaw in a strainer or on a paper towel so there isn’t too much liquid in the muffins.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 chia egg or real egg
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup honey depending on how sweet you like it
- 3 tablespoons of oil or butter( I usually use melted coco oil)
- 1 cup organic apple sauce
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with baking cups or grease them.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, hemp seeds and salt
- In another bowl mix together all of the other ingredients except the chocolate chips. If you chose to use melted coconut oil wait to add until the end.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just blended. Add in the coconut oil if used last
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes. Once out check to make sure they are cooked thoroughly with a fork or toothpick. Take out of the muffin tins and let it cool.