October 27, 2017
There is something about the change in the seasons from Summer to Fall that just makes me want to cozy up inside and experiment in the kitchen. I love to bake but in today’s society baked goods aren’t exactly seen as healthy or nutritious, they are usually packed full of refined sugars, processed and bleached flours and unhealthy fats. I’m on a mission to healthify (is that a word? oh well it is now) your every day baked goods.. Starting with these pumpkin banana bread muffins…
GF, Healthy – Pumpkin Banana Bread Muffins!
What you will need
- 1/4 Cup Melted Organic Non Refined Coconut Oil
- 2 Very Ripe Organic Bananas
- 1/3 Cup Canned Organic Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Organic Egg
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 0.5 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1.5 Tsp Pumpkin Spice (mixture of cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice)
- 3/4 Cup Gluten Free Flour (I used Bob’s Redmill 1-to-1)
- 1 Cup GF Oat Flour (gluten free oats ground into flour in blender/food processor)
*Optional Mix In’s* – sugar free dark chocolate chips, chopped raw walnuts or almonds.
- Preheat over to 350F and spray or grease a 12 – muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl or mixer, mash bananas then add in pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut oil and mix until well incorporated.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix.
- Add all dry ingredients in and mix until just combined – dough may be a little sticky, this is good!
- Fold in any additional mix ins – I did dark chocolate chips (duh).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.