October 21, 2020
Sometimes the first steps in a healthy lifestyle are just simple basics that can easily fit into your day and will please your entire family. This is my go-to chicken recipe because it’s completely versatile – it can be sliced on top of organic mixed greens for a savoury salad that doesn’t require any dressing, chopped up and used to fill lettuce wraps or served with a side of roasted vegetables. It also works fantastic for meal prepping as it tastes just as wonderful leftover. Easy to throw together on a busy weeknight, but can look fancy enough for company.
All of the ingredients available are at local grocery stores – it’s best if you can try to get as much organic as possible! Each item in this simple recipe is clean and has extra health benefits. Ginger, rosemary and garlic are all anti-inflammatory foods. Extra virgin olive oil contains polyphenols. Himalayan pink salt contains trace minerals. Chicken is a good source of protein. Bonus – your whole house smells amazing while it’s cooking!
Rosemary Ginger Garlic Chicken Thighs
- 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs (chicken breasts can be used, but the thighs are juicier and more flavorful)
- 2” piece of fresh ginger root peeled and diced
- 3-4 sprigs of organic rosemary (leaves plucked from stalks)
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Place chicken in baking pan and add water and oil over it. Sprinkle ginger pieces, rosemary leaves, minced garlic and Himalayan salt over the chicken making sure some of everything gets in the liquid to flavour it.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 350. Time may vary due to the thickness of chicken so I usually check at 45-50 minutes and adjust accordingly.