The Chaga mushroom has been used for thousands of years as a folk medicine in cold climates in the northern hemispheres, such as Siberia, Canada, Alaska and the Baltic countries.
It is a type of fungus that grows on sick birch trees. It looks like a large growth of burnt bark near the top of the tree.
It is not well known in North America, but is gaining popularity because of its wonderful health benefits. My son and I have been drinking it for about 2 years. It has reduced my sons eczema and helped us to fight off colds and flus. I am also taking it to hopefully prevent cancer.
Chaga is considered an adaptogen, which is a substance that normalizes and balances body functions. There are numerous benefits to drinking chaga, but I have simplified it down to 5.
1. Supports and prevents Cancer: Chaga has an abundance of Beta-D-Glucans which activate immune cells responsible for combating cancer. The betulinic acid found in this substance causes cancer cell death and prevents tumors from developing. Chaga tea has also proven effective when supporting chemotherapy by compensating for some of the side effects. It has been approved for treatment for cancer in Russia since the 1950’s. Research suggests that betulinic acid, inotodiol and ergostenol peroxide from chaga are anti- cancer components that warrant more investigation.
2. Digestion: Chaga fights off heliobacter pylori, the bacteria causing ulcers and gastritis. It helps relieve indigestion and other digestive pain. It also stimulates bile production which helps break down stubborn fats and allows them to be absorbed more easily.
3. Normalizes blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Chaga breaks down LDL cholesterol in the bloodstream, thus reducing chances of heart disease.
4. Used as a powerful anti-oxidant. Chaga has large quantities of Superoxide dismutase (SOD) which neutralizes free radicals, protects against disease such as cancer and slows down the aging process. Chaga has 50 times more anti-oxidants than blueberries!
5. Is a powerful anti-inflammatory. Betulinic acid and inotodiol in chaga reduce inflammation, preventing heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and arthritis.
Where to purchase Chaga?
In my home town of Timmins, I can purchase it at the local coffee shop “Christophers”. However, if you don’t live in northern parts of Canada, there are several online retailers such as Amazon and life4ce.ca.
If you have a serious illness, drink 1 liter per day. To maintain health, drink 1 or 2 cups per day.
We value your privacy. You are signing up to receive a brochure, school information and updates about our program. You may opt out at anytime.