October 19, 2017
Before we moved to our last home I had NEVER made a tofu scramble, my husband was the brunch king and he would make amazing skillet concoctions with home fries and scrambled eggs, with veggies and cheese. When we moved we decided we would only cook wholesome, vegan food at home, and we’ve since become fully vegan.
Soon after we moved in I decided it was time to try the dreaded tofu scramble, truth be told I had only eaten it once in a restaurant and it was…Just okay. I looked at many, MANY, recipes and then decided to use what I could remember from them and figure it out. I’ve made a tofu scramble probably once a week or so for over a year and so this is my developed, tried and tested, best recipe. It’s now one of our very favourite meals!
Recipe: Simple Tofu Scramble
- 1 package organic* firm tofu, drained
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 0.5 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Tear drained tofu into bite-size pieces (I like mine quite chunky but some prefer very small pieces, do what you love!)
- Sautée garlic in coconut oil over a med-high heat
- Add tofu to pan and sauté for around 10 minutes, stirring frequently
- Mix spices, herbs and salt together and add enough water to make a loose paste, around 3tbsp
- Add the spice blend and stir well to combine
- Cook for a further 5 minutes
- Enjoy with your favourite breakfast or brunch side dishes.
*Be sure your tofu is non-GMO and organic, soy is not bad for us in moderation, but genetically modified soy is best avoided.*