May 8, 2019
Seed cycling is a simple and natural way to balance hormones for us ladies who have irregular periods, PMS, fibrocystic breasts and many other hormone-related symptoms. The easy and tasty hormonal balance system just requires you add two tablespoons of the prescribed ground seeds to your diet every day for certain periods of your menstrual cycle.
The protocol calls for 1 tablespoon of flaxseed and 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds during your follicular phase. The follicular phase is from the first day of your period until ovulation (around day 14).
During the Luteal Phase, you use the same amount of sunflower and sesame seeds. You’ll do this until your next period starts.
Brownie Batter Bananas
- 2 tablespoons of seeds (depending on your cycle day)
- ¼ cup of almonds, peanuts or walnuts
- ½ a frozen banana (best cut up or thawed a bit if your blender sucks like mine)
- ½ a room temperature banana
- Splash of coconut milk
- 1-2 Teaspoons cocoa or carob powder
- Optional Toppings: flaked coconut, extra nuts, etc.
Combine nuts and seeds into blender or food processor, blend until fine.
Add frozen banana, room temperature banana, coconut milk and cocoa powder.
Blend until you have a thick creamy consistency.
Scoop into a bowl and add any toppings you wish.
For a thicker consistency, more frozen bananas and nuts can be used instead of the room temperature one.