April 25, 2019
Being currently pregnant and in my 3rd-trimester, I have come to learn so much about my body and its nutritional needs for both myself and for the life that I am creating!
I find that as much as you read about nutrition and pregnancy books nothing compares to actually living it day by day, week by week and month by month. Oh, the heart burns…the extensive vomiting.. the worries…the fear if everything is going to be ok – part of it you can only wonder…
One thing that I really have changed while being pregnant is knowing the importance of planned healthy food prep! Especially working as a nurse, you tend to care for others all day long and being always on the go you forget about yourself and your own nutritional needs for you and your baby.
I want to share my easy snack inventions that have and still help me going about my days and that has actually kept me energized, battling the 1st and 3rd-trimester tiring moments!
Delicious Peanut Butter Boats
- Green apple
- Pear wedges
- Red peppers
- Banana slices
- Organic peanut butter (let’s reduce the chances of eating and “funny” ingredients we can’t pronounce)
- Chia seeds (Aids in digestion so why not? You won’t even notice they are there!)
- You can spread some peanut butter onto one side of the finger cut snacks. The celery and red peppers for example really work well as they have a U shaped part to them. Or if you are really on the go I dip half of my snack into peanut butter.
- Sprinkle some chia seeds onto the fruit or veggie; the peanut butter will allow it to stick. Sometimes I even used some oats onto the peanut butter instead of the chia seeds and must I say yummy as always!
- Place the snacks in a glass container, pop it in the fridge and voilá! You are ready to go about your busy day!
For those unfortunate people that are allergic to peanut butter, you can use organic cream cheese or even hummus.
Having these healthy fingers foods have really helped me eat throughout my day while working and it also ensures that I maintain a nutritious regime for both me and my baby…GIRL!