March 22, 2019
Omelettes – a true North American breakfast staple.
This recipe is for those of us looking to start our days off will a healthful dose of both protein, and vegetables in an easy to consume omelette form. Below I instruct you on just how to create this well-balanced dish using the all famous breakfast food, eggs.
Easy and Healthy Breakfast Omelette
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 Tbs butter
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and black cracked pepper to taste
- On medium-low heat, melt butter evenly over the cooking surface of a medium sized skillet.
- Once butter and pan are heated through, add mixture containing the 3 beaten eggs, cayenne pepper, and salt to the pan.
- Allow eggs to cook thoroughly before adding the cheddar cheese, 1/2 of the chopped green onions, and 2 handfuls of baby spinach to one half of the egg mixture (and in that order – the cheese will help keep the spinach and green onion in place when attempting to fold the eggs).
- After the cheese has begun to melt, fold over the empty half of the egg to create what looks like a half-sandwich.
- Remove the omelette from the skillet once the spinach has begun to wilt and place onto serving plate.
- Garnish the cooked omelette with 1/2 of a ripe avocado thinly sliced, the remaining green onions, and fresh cracked black pepper.
Enjoy your omelette with a generous dollop of ketchup or any other sauce you enjoy consuming eggs with.