April 3, 2019
Since following a Keto diet means no carb-heavy snacks these muffins offer a great way to feel like you are having a dense bread and are quick to prepare for a quick snack! This is the recipe I usually use which is quite savoury. I have experimented by changing out the spices or adding 1/3 cup of Keto friendly Swerve or Erythritol in place of 1/3 cup of the fine Almond flour for a sweeter version. Sugar-free chocolate chips have also been a big hit added into these! I also generally use whatever nuts (almond/pecan/walnut) I have on hand. The pumpkin flavour is very subtle, this is definitely not a pumpkin pie flavoured muffin but has a nice texture and isn’t too crumbly.
Keto Pumpkin Muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 60 minutes Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 ½ cups canned pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- ½ tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- 1 cup coarse almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (or other nut preference)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (f)
- Combine the pumpkin, melted butter, Apple cider vinegar and eggs and mix with a stand mixer until smooth
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined
- Add nuts and mix evenly.
- Spoon mixture loosely into muffin tin liners (12 regular sizes or 6 large) fill completely
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes (or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean).
- Cool completely before enjoying, preferably overnight. Freeze in an airtight container if there are any leftovers!