February 18, 2021
One weekend morning I woke up craving homemade pancakes, so I came up with this recipe using some quinoa flour I had in my pantry. Let me tell you, the family loved it! So I thought I would share it with you. Quinoa is such an amazing food. It’s high in protein, and gluten-free for those with sensitive tummies and conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease.
Additionally, I made some strawberry sauce to add on top and it’s the perfect pairing. It’s preservative-free, no artificial ingredients, and made from real strawberries! Better than anything you could buy pre-made.
Quinoa Banana Pancakes
• 1 cup quinoa flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• 1 banana, mashed
• 1 cup coconut milk (or plant based milk of your choice)
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Then add your mashed banana, coconut milk, egg, honey and vanilla and mix until you have a nice medium consistency batter.
- Heat skillet to medium heat. Pour pancake batter to desired size on heated skillet, cook approx 2-3 min until bubbles start to form on top and flip. Cook an additional 2 min until browned.
• 1 cup frozen strawberries
• ¼ cup water
• 1/3 cup coconut sugar
• 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
1. Combine arrowroot powder and just enough water to allow it to dissolve in a cup. Set aside.
2. In a pot combine frozen strawberries, ¼ cup water and 1/3 cup coconut sugar together and place over heat allowing the strawberries to release their juices. Just before it starts to boil whisk in your arrowroot powder.
3. Reduce heat and let it simmer. The sauce will begin to thicken.
4. Remove from heat and let it cool.