January 10, 2019
I am sugar free, but still enjoy a sweet treat now and again. This is one of my favourites. My whole family enjoys it and doesn’t even miss the sugar! Plus it takes just minutes to put together.
Sugar Free Chia Parfait
- 8 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Combine the chia seeds, nut milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Cover the mixture and put it in the fridge for two hours to allow it to thicken.
- Before serving, mix with strawberries. The strawberries add the sweetness in the absence of refined sugar, so I find mixing them in gives the dessert a better taste then just putting them on top of the dessert.
You can substitute the strawberries with other fruit, but choose low glycemic if you are trying to minimize sugar.