May 28, 2019
The importance of ones vitality can go hand in hand with being connected to nature and the earth. One of the best ways to make this connection is to choose to eat the foods of nature during their time of seasonal offering. Below are the steps to make a cold gazpacho soup made mostly of the ingredients found in your garden or local farmer’s market.
Summer Gazpacho Soup
- 2 large green bell pepper (cored, seeded, and diced)
- 1 large cucumber (peeled and chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups tomatoes (diced)
- 1 celery stalk (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- pinch of basil (finely chopped)
- pinch of parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 (12-15 ounce)cans of tomato juice
- In a large bowl mix the first 6 ingredients together. Put one cup of the mixed ingredients to the side. Blend the remaining large bowl of the first 6 ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the contents from the blender back into the large bowl. Add the remaining 8 ingredients to the bowl and stir well.
- Cover both the large bowl of blended ingredients and the 1 cup of chopped ingredients separately. Refrigerate overnight or for a few hours.
- Test seasoning before serving. Serve in bowls or mugs and garnish with a sprinkle of the 1 cup of chopped ingredients and sage leaves.