May 27, 2019
Experience the robust flavour of fresh herbs. They can make a dish go from good to great just by adding the right combination. Experiment with the savoury flavours of rosemary, thyme, basil or cilantro just to name a few.
Tip: Gently bruise the leaves before adding to your dish. This releases more oils and increases the flavour.
Creamy Potato Herb Soup
- 1 fresh sweet onion, diced
- fresh rosemary and thyme chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cups of yellow potatoes diced
- 4-6 cups of vegetable stock
- 2-3 cups of almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups of cannellini beans
- Place onions and herbs in a pot with 2 tablespoons of butter and saute until onions are translucent. Place the garlic in last to avoid burning.
- Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. After the boiling point is reached, turn onto medium heat and let cook until potatoes are soft. (20 mins or so).
- Chop up 3 cups of fresh kale and place in a pot. You want this to be last to avoid soggy kale.
- Season with salt and pepper and some fresh herbs and serve.