July 22, 2019
This is my go-to recipe whenever someone asks me to bring something to a potluck dinner. It is always a big hit and many people have asked me for the recipe over the years. Here it is! This recipe makes about 4.5 cups of delicious rice salad.
Wholesome Rice Salad with Pistachios
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1-2 large lemons, juiced (4-5 Tbsp. of juice)
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the rice in the broth according to instructions. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl combine the cold rice with the red onion, basil, lemon juice, and pistachios.
- Mix well. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Chill and serve.