April 4, 2019
Healthy doesn’t have to be fancy! Although it looks pretty, this simple morning ‘treat’ is quick to put together and will have your taste buds dancing!
Banana Berry Freeze
- 2 Frozen Bananas, cut into chunks
- 1 Cup Frozen Raspberries
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Flaxseeds (ground)
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- Put blueberries In a small saucepan and heat on medium/low until nice and juicy. I like mine to be hot and tender so that I can smash them up a bit for my younger son. The sweet flavour comes out beautifully just by doing this. No need to add anything else
- Blend the first four ingredients with just enough water to make your blender happy. For me, this was about 1/2 cup, but every blender is different. You want it to end up being an ice-cream consistency, so add water slowly as needed or you will end up with a shake.
- Serve in a bowl or fancy glass and top with your warm blueberries. My kids love this for breakfast and call it their ‘treat’, but what they don’t realize is it’s full of antioxidants, phytonutrients and ALL that good stuff Momma wants them to eat.
I hope you enjoyed this simple healthy recipe idea. Remember that every baby steps you take to nourish your family leads to overall wellness!