April 4, 2019
Spring is here and what better way to welcome this transitional season then feeding your body with delicious colourful foods and supporting your natural detox system; your body. Detoxing is a very popular topic within the health and fitness world, and there are so many ways that it can be done that it can become overwhelming. The easiest way you can help your body eliminate toxins is to feed it clean and healthy foods that support your detox organs such as your liver, kidneys and gastrointestinal system.
This salad has become a staple within my diet. It’s easy to prep and it can easily pair with a lot of meals as a side or make it your main with some added protein of your choice.
Quick and Easy Detox Salad
- ½ red cabbage
- ½ green cabbage
- 2 cups of kale
- 2 large carrots
- A handful of pumpkin seeds
- Cranberries for taste
- ¾ Cup organic olive oil
- ¼ Cup apple cider vinegar with the mother (I use Braggs)
- 2 Tbsp of honey or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- First, you’re going to chop your cabbage, and kale so that you can place it in your food processor and pulse to your desired size. (If you don’t have a food processor that’s okay just chop it to your desired size)
- Grate your carrots and combine with the cabbage and kale in a bowl.
- Sprinkle your desired amount of pumpkin seeds and cranberries on top.
- Combine your dressing in a jar and add in the desired amount of dressing to your salad and mix well. Allow your salad to sit for a couple of minutes to allow the kale to soften. If you’re not serving the whole salad, add in your dressing to your portions when you’re ready to eat. The dressing can be stored in the fridge for a couple of days.