March 13, 2019
Creating routines or habits which support self-love or self-care are extremely important. We spend so much time taking care of other people, our jobs, our daily tasks, but we likely aren’t spending enough time on ourselves.
Although a nutritious and nourishing diet is imperative to keeping oneself healthy and vibrant, the small acts of self-love we can bestow upon ourselves can really help nourish your mind-body connection. When we feel good about ourselves, we tend to want to make better life choices, better food choices and generally choose a path which supports us living life to it’s fullest.
I hear you! Life is busy and the last thing you need is another “to-do” item on your long list. But just a few minutes even a couple of times a week will leave you feeling buffed, fresh and glowy. It can become a really nice few minutes you commit to yourself to honour your body and all that it does for you. It’s like a form of loving-kindness meditation for yourself. You are worth it, and most definitely deserve it, trust me!
Now, if self-love isn’t a good enough reason! Here are a few more reasons why you should hop on the dry brushing routine.
Benefits of Dry Brushing
- Exfoliates dry skin, especially during the winter months, leaving you with fresh and bright skin.
- It helps with circulation and lymphatic drainage, encouraging your body to remove toxins
- Un-clogs pores and helps your skin absorb more nutrients (think about those nourishing oils you will use after!)
- Helps evenly distribute fat deposits (think, more even and toned all over)
A Few Helpful Tips to Get You Started
- Always brush towards the heart
- Work in long strokes or large circular movements
- Start at the ankles and work your way up your body, don’t forget your armpits!
- Finish with your favourite moisturizer or oil
- Start with once a week and work your way up to every other day, or even daily
Just a few minutes before your shower and a good dry brush is all you need to incorporate this worthwhile act of love for yourself. Enjoy!