March 13, 2019
This is a simple and nutritious dish. It is great for using up leftover roast chicken. It is gluten-free, dairy-free, and it also follows the guidelines for a “food combining diet”.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 med onion, diced
- 4 med carrots, sliced thin
- 2 celery sticks, sliced thin
- 2 cups cooked chicken*, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups plain, unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- In a medium pot, heat avocado oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery and cover with a lid, lowering heat to a simmer until tender.
- Remove lid and add the chicken, and spices and stir; heating for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Add the water and coconut milk beverage, just bringing to a boil and then cover and lower temp to a simmer again. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
*I use leftover from a roast chicken. You can also use chicken breast, but I would add a spice mixture to the chicken while cooking for extra flavour