April 25, 2019
I’m sure you have heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and its true!
What you eat in the morning will improve your focus and concentration throughout the day.
This recipe is jam-packed full of protein and vitamins such as A, B’s, C, and E. This recipe is also full of minerals such as calcium, iron and magnesium.
- 4 cups large oats
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup apricots (diced)
- 1 cup dates (diced)
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a large bowl mix oats, nuts, coconut and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir very well to make sure it is all coated.
- Spread granola on both baking sheets and bake for 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes and again at the end.
- Add dried fruit to cooked granola.
- Let the granola cool completely and transfer to an airtight glass container. Large mason jars work well.
Tip: You can add any nuts or dried fruit you would prefer to this recipe!
I absolutely love this recipe! I eat this most mornings. It’s super easy to make and it is packed full of superfoods. It keeps me full until lunch time so I am not reaching for that mid-morning snack. My kids love it and I feel good sending them off to school with a satisfied belly ready to learn.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do!