June 7, 2018
Our family loves cilantro chutney!! It is a great way to add healthy flavour to any meal including salads, sandwiches (hot or cold), soups, dip for veggies or just to eat by itself as a nutritious snack. It’s filled with active probiotic yogurt, omega 3 packed walnuts, plus cilantro which has vitamins A,E,K and C. Cilantro is helpful in detoxing heavy metals such as lead and mercury.
It is an anti-oxident against oxidative stress, lowers anxiety and improves sleep. Cilantro is a natural powerhouse!! I use it wherever I can in my everyday cooking breakfast, lunch or dinner! Our family favourite is to serve it on top of our lasagna. Whether you like your lasagna carnivore style or vegetarian style, our chutney will have you coming back for more. I like to use all organic ingredients whenever possible….So let me start my easy to make recipe.
Cilantro Yogurt Chutney
- 32oz. Full Fat Plain Organic Yogurt (I use cow’s milk)
- 1 Bunch of Organic Cilantro
- 1/4 c. Organic Raw Whole Walnuts or Raw Whole Almonds
- 3 Cloves of Organic Garlic
- 1/2 Organic Jalapeno (seeded and deveined) more if you like it spicy. I find this to be just right when all ingredients are mixed together. (Just a hint of spicy)
- Optional: Pinch of Salt to Taste
- Start out by putting half the Plain Yogurt into a blender or vitamix
- Wash and Dry (as much as you can) the Cilantro and cut off the stems, place into the blender
- Add in the Walnuts, Garlic Cloves and Jalepeno into the blender
Blend all ingredients until it is mixed well and blended smooth together. The consistency should resemble a thicker style dip and not runny. It should be a light green with dark green specks from the cilantro when it is finished blending. Put the mixture into a bowl and add in the other half of the yogurt. Mix well and add pinch of salt to taste of desired. Serve in a serving bowl and add to above ideas or your favourite recipe. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.