February 18, 2021
Calling all chocolate and peanut butter addicts (like myself!)…Who doesn’t love chocolate for breakfast?!
This extra-thick & creamy, chocolatey, peanut buttery bowl of goodness is a staple in my diet. Packed full of fibre, protein, healthy fats, and lots of fruit and vegetables, it’s the perfect way to start your day and keep you full of energy all morning- or enjoy it as a dessert or snack to satisfy that chocolate craving!
- Frozen sweet potato and zucchini are the KEY ingredients to get that super thick and creamy texture for your bowl
-Peel and chop a few sweet potatoes into chunks and steam until soft enough to stick a fork through (do the same for the zucchini, but leave the peel on for added fibre and nutrients), and allow to cool completely before freezing
- If you prefer not to use the protein powder, I recommend adding a tiny splash of vanilla extract to enhance the flavour
- If you don’t have a high power blender, try adding all of your wet ingredients first, and stop to scrape down the sides as you blend
- I LOVE to add a few slices of banana, some homemade granola or chopped nuts and a generous drizzle of peanut butter on top to add some additional texture and crunch!
Now…Let’s get to it!!
Creamy Banana Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup almond milk (or your favourite plant-based milk)
- 1 tbsp all-natural peanut butter
- Splash of maple syrup
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup steamed then frozen sweet potato
- A couple chunks of frozen zucchini
- Add all ingredients, starting with the milk, to a high power blender and blend until desired texture is achieved
- Sliced banana
- Almonds or walnuts
- Chia seeds
- Shredded coconut
- Cacao nibs
- Peanut butter drizzle