February 12, 2021
I don’t know about you but I don’t always want to have to wait for the weekend to have a satisfying, indulging tasting breakfast!
With this pancake recipe, you’ll feel like it’s Sunday every day, but you will also feel great and satisfied throughout your busy weekday life as this recipe is simple, delicious and nutritious. I am also someone who loves to make my food look pretty. The best thing with this recipe is that the more toppings you add, the prettier it’ll look but the more nutritious it will be.
A trick I found is to make a batch and stack them in the fridge for an easy grab-and-go in the morning. Then I just reheat them in the microwave or in a pan, depending on the time I have and what is available to me. Then I add my fixtures and I’m good to go.
Enough talking about it, I know I made you salivate with this intro, here is how to make this recipe:
Banana Bread Vegan Pancakes
Portions: 10 pancakes (small)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup plant milk (my favourite of all time is oat milk, but whichever one you have will work just fine!)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping
This is when it is time to get creative folks! Here are some ideas of good toppings:
- Fresh fruits
- Vegan yogurt -I love the freshness it gives to the dish
- Peanut Butter -or any other nut butter (Adds some nice protein and fats)
- A drizzle of maple syrup -because why not?
- Coconut shreds, cacao powder, etc.
- Pour all of the pancake ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until it is completely smooth. (If you don’t have a powerful blender I suggest you blend the oats alone first, this will avoid larger chunks from remaining in the batter)
- Let the batter rest for a few minutes while you prepare your toppings. This is because the oats will absorb some of the liquid thickening the batter.
- Then cook the pancakes over medium heat. Take about a 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, cook as you would any other pancakes.
**When I want to indulge a little bit more, I add chocolate chips to the batter 😉