March 13, 2020
In honour of Pancake Tuesday, I bring you these delicious and healthy sweet potato pancakes everyone in your family will enjoy!
These pancakes are a little more work than your standard boxed pancakes but trust me when I say they are SO worth it!
Delicious Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 1 cup Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup Quick Oats (Oat flour)
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tablespoon ground Flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- Coconut oil
- Peel and puree sweet potatoes.
- Blend up quick oats until they become the consistency of flour.
- In a medium-size bowl mix the oat flour, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder. In a separate medium-size bowl mix in the pureed sweet potatoes, maple syrup, and eggs.
- Add the mixed wet ingredients to the mixed dry ingredients.
- Heat a frying pan at low-medium heat and add a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Use approx. 1/4 size scoop for each pancake and cook for 3-4 minutes and flip. When you flip use the back of the spatula and flatten each pancake slightly. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Place on plates and enjoy hot!
*Additional toppings to enhance these delicious pancakes: bananas, blueberries, nut butter, cocoa nibs, dark chocolate chips, maple syrup.
**Any leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator or make a big batch and freeze.