September 18, 2019
This simple and healthy granola recipe is perfect as an everyday snack, topping on yogurt, a cereal, mixed with fruit…any way you like! I love granola because you can use it so many different ways. My favourite way to enjoy this is granola is in unsweetened coconut yogurt drizzled with a little honey. This recipe is healthful because every single ingredient is high in nutritional value. There is no processed sugar or oils which makes it the perfect addition to your day! This granola will satisfy that crunchy and sweet craving!
Here are some key nutrition players in this recipe
Oats: High in fibre and protein and loaded with so many vitamins and minerals such as iron, manganese, zinc and magnesium. Since oats are high in fibre they will keep you full and satisfied.
Buckwheat groats: A cute little seed-like grain that is packed with nutrition benefits. Buckwheat groats contain lots of fibre and protein. It contains many phytonutrients and antioxidants to aid with heart health and keeping cholesterol balanced.
Almonds: Contain lots of healthy fats, protein and vitamin E. Almonds are also high in antioxidants which can help lower inflammation and slow down the ageing process.
Flax and Hemp Seeds: Both loaded with Omega-3s and lignans. Also loaded with protein and fibre.
Alright…let’s get to the recipe already!
Delicious Vanilla-Almond Granola
- 1.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped + 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons natural almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Melt the coconut oil over the stove over low heat. Once melted, take off the heat and add in the almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk well.
- Pour over the dry mixture and mix until well combined. Add to the baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Make sure to stir the mixture halfway through to make sure it is evenly cooked.
- Store in a glass container for 1-2 weeks in the fridge to keep it crunchy.