March 11, 2019
If you have a sweet tooth this recipe is a much healthier option and can be eaten not only as a snack but also for breakfast. I always liked apple pies, all kinds of, but the problem is that apart from the apples which are nutritious the best ingredients are usually flour, sugar, eggs and butter which altogether increase the caloric density of it. The apple pie oatmeal substitutes flour with oats and almond meal, and sugar with maple syrup. It is vegan as it does not include any dairy or eggs.
Easy Apple Pie Oatmeal
- 80gr oats
- 40gr almond flour
- 2 small apples sliced in thin pieces
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple mousse
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp erythritol
- Preheat the oven at 175 Celsius.
- Pour the coconut oil in a baking sheet and make sure the surface and sides of it are well coated.
- Remove the skin from the apples and cut them into thin slices.
- Distribute the apple slices on the surface of the baking sheet, so that it is entirely covered. Spread on top with erythritol and continue with the second layer of sliced apples.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 5-8 minutes.
- In the meanwhile add the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and pour the mixture by distributing it evenly over the apples.
- Put the baking sheet back in the oven and bake for another 30-35 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Once ready remove from the oven and let cool down.
- Take a plate, cover the baking sheet and flip it over, so that the apples are on the top and the crust on the bottom.
- Cut into cake slices, sprinkle some extra cinnamon on top and enjoy.