May 25, 2020
Looking to cook up something in a hurry? This plant-based recipe is loaded with nutritious anti-inflammatory power foods.
Easy Lentil Stew
- 1 15 oz can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 8 brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 large turnip, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil on medium heat
- Add onion and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes
- Add turnip, carrots, Brussels sprouts and garlic and sauté for an additional 3 minutes
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until vegetables are tender about 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, corn, parsley, salt, pepper and cook for an additional minute to heat the lentils and corn.
Feel free to use any kind of beans or vegetables you may have.
It’s a great way to use up leftover vegetables at the end of the week. This can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for a week, or in the freezer for longer.