February 6, 2019
We love cookies at our house, especially my little cookie monsters, but the trouble is, as a health-conscious mom, supermarket cookies don’t make the grade. They are packed with preservatives, additives, refined sugars, and who knows what else, because I can’t even pronounce half the ingredients on the box! So when we enjoy these treats I like to make them from scratch, this way I know what’s in them and this makes me feel good, knowing I am feeding my family the best possible ingredients with minimally refined ingredients! These cookies are super easy to make, all you need is one bowl, and they take 12 quick minutes to bake. So get the nut milk ready because here come some warm delicious cookies the whole family will love!
Here’s one of our favourite cookie recipes that I hope you and your family will enjoy as well!
Feel Good Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup whole grain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon monk sugar
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (the liquid canned chickpeas are packed in)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Put all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the cookies, form balls and press down with fingers or back of the spoon.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then place on a cooling rack to cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
- (Makes 12 cookies)