February 27, 2019
When I was diagnosed with celiac disease it changed the way I ate drastically and I thought there were just some things I’d never get to eat again. Turns out I just found ways to make things myself and healthier including making the switch to organic foods.
This breakfast burrito is full of nutrients and will keep you satiated while satisfying your taste buds. Oh, and it’s super easy, you don’t need to be a gourmet chef!
Gluten-Free Organic Breakfast Burrito
- Wheat free or Grain-Free Tortilla
- 2 Organic Free Range Eggs
- 1-2 tbsp Organic butter or ghee
- 1/2 Organic Avocado
- Organic salsa or homemade pico de gallo
- Sprouts (I use a sprout mix – alfalfa, radish, mustard)
- Organic cheddar cheese, grated
- Chicken or turkey sausage
- Hot sauce
If you’re wanting to add in more protein, start out by cooking up some free range, organic chicken or turkey sausage.
- Heat up a pan with 1-2 tbsp of organic butter or ghee.
- Scramble 2 eggs. Season with a dash of pink salt and pepper.
- Heat up the tortilla in a pan (gluten-free tortillas tend to break if not warmed up). I use Siete Almond Flour or Cassava and Coconut tortillas, both are delicious!
- Remove from heat and put on a plate.
- Load up your tortilla with scrambled eggs, top with some salsa, avocado, sprouts and some grated cheese. I also like to add a dash of hot sauce for some extra flavour.
- Fold into a burrito and you’re all set!