February 26, 2019
Every Saturday morning, I treat my family to these yummy waffles! What I love about this recipe is that the waffles are grain free, dairy free and nut free which makes them great for families that are working with those food sensitivities.
Gluten-Free Waffles With Strawberry Sauce
- 2/3 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup sifted coconut flour
- 4 large, farm fresh free range eggs
- 1/4 cup of local honey
- 1/4 cup of avocado oil
- 1/4cup of water
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- Maple syrup for a topping (optional)
- Preheat waffle maker to medium heat. In a bowl combine arrowroot flour and coconut flour with a whisk. Add eggs, honey, avocado oil and water. Continue stirring with a whisk until there are no lumps. Pour into your waffle maker and close the lid. Cook for 2 and ½ minutes per waffle.
- While the waffles are cooking, cook frozen strawberries over medium heat in a covered saucepan. Once strawberries begin to boil, turn down to low and use a non-plastic potato masher to mash the berries. (if you want a smoother consistency use an immersion blender to puree). Once mashed remove strawberries from heat.
- Top waffles with strawberry sauce and a drizzle of maple syrup! Makes 8 4x4inch waffles.