May 10, 2017
Healthy Coconut Oil Candy – The Perfect Afternoon Treat
Afternoon coffee is a ritual for me. A small, warm cup of coffee & a tiny sweet are things that I look forward to each day. I keep these “candies” in my freezer for such a reason. Coconut oil is high in natural “healthy” fats to promote heart health. It also promotes weight loss and healthy skin.
When combined with a touch of sweetness and cocoa powder, it transforms into a creamy treat.
Ingredients *purchase organic when available*
- 1/2c Virgin Organic Coconut Oil (Make sure it has not been refined with chemicals)
- 1/4c Organic Cocoa Powder of choice
- local, organic honey (Or sweetener of choice, liquid Stevia, etc)
- Optional/To Taste: Vanilla Bean Extract, Pinch of Salt, swirl of nut butter of choice
- Silicon candy mold (I like the truffle shaped mold)
- Melt oil & honey in microwave safe glass bowl
- Stir in cocoa powder and any optional ingredients until well combined
- Pour/Spoon into silicon mold
- Pop into freezer until desired firmness is reached (approx 30 mins)
Macros per ENTIRE RECIPE, individual servings will vary depending on how many pieces you make with mixture: 1021c, 21C/112F/4P (I make 12 in my particular recipe).