February 6, 2019
Looking for a tasty, simple and healthy vegan treat?
This vegan delight packs a punch of protein, takes only minutes to prepare and is sure to have you asking for more – guilt-free.
While the cookie dough is usually made with eggs and less than ideal to eat raw, this recipe is quite the opposite. With the ‘hidden’ ingredient of chickpeas, not only is this treat ate raw, it also is full of protein and sooo delicious.
Healthy Vegan Cookie Dough
- 1 can of chickpeas (washed and drained)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond or nut butter of choice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1/3 cup dark vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix all ingredients (minus chocolate chips) into a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Pulse until fully mixed.
- Scoop into a bowl and mix in chocolate chips.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Like this recipe? Try switching it up! Add peanut butter instead of almond butter. Try adding canned pumpkin for a festive flavour. Like walnuts, why not add some in! This recipe is completely versatile and adaptable to many flavours and taste buds.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!