February 21, 2019
Simple Oven-Baked Granola
- 3 cups whole grain old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup assorted chopped nuts ( walnuts, sliced almonds, cashews)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup organic real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Heat the oven to 300 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the maple syrup and coconut oil together, then add the oats, chopped nuts and pumpkin seeds (optional) and stir well.
- Place mixture on the parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer pressed flat and place in the oven for 15minutes, stirring once. Bake just until the mixture is slightly browned, then remove. Be watchful as some oven temperatures vary!
- When the mixture has cooled, add your dried fruit of choice and mix!
Note: you can add some chocolate chips if you like but wait until the mixture has cooled completely!!
Store the cooled granola in airtight containers in the refrigerator and enjoy!