November 1, 2019
These burgers come together quickly, are packed full of protein and are loaded with flavour. I often pair this with a fresh mixed green salad and sweet potato fries. They are also a great protein option to make ahead and pull out of the freezer for those busy evenings.
Traditionally, homemade burgers use soda crackers or bread crumbs to hold them together, here I have substituted flaxseed for a more nutrient-dense option. Flaxseed is an excellent source of anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acids and has been known to help digestion, cardiovascular health and skin. One thing to note when consuming this seed is that they need to be ground to be utilized in the body, otherwise they pass right through you! You can find ground flaxseed in most grocery stores now or simply make your own in your coffee grinder or blender.
Let me know if you made these and what you paired it with, enjoy.
Spinach Turkey Burgers
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves of organic garlic
- ¾ cup of organic spinach
- ½ organic onion
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Chop spinach, garlic and onion.
- Mix in a bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet.
- Form mixture into patties.
- Fry on medium heat until cooked thoroughly, flipping after about 5 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of fresh sides.