September 13, 2018
(Suitable for vegans and vegetarians)
When you are lucky enough to have wonderful neighbours that keep dropping off heaps of freshly grown tomatoes from their gardens, it can be hard to manage to eat them all! I had so many this year that I came up with a warming and spicy tomato soup that I thought I would share.
Thai Red Curry Tomato Soup
- 6 cups of Tomatoes (I used a mix of cherry tomatoes and large ones)
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup Dried Onion Flakes or 1 Fresh Onion
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Red Curry Paste (less if you don’t like it quite so spicy)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flakes
- Some Dried Chillies
- Olive Oil to stir fry tomatoes
- Melt some olive oil in a deep pan and stir fry the tomatoes until soft.
- Add dried or fresh onions until they are well blended.
- Mix the red curry paste in with the coconut milk in a measuring jug until it has blended in well.
- Stir in the coconut milk mix and then add in the turmeric, black pepper, nutritional yeast and coconut flakes.
- Once it is mixed well, then you will need to blend using a blender.
- Once it is blended, pour back into the pan and heat and serve.
- In the bowl, sprinkle some extra coconut flakes and some dried chillies.