September 17, 2018
Organic Banana Berry Swirl Cake
Looking for a sweet comforting treat the whole family will enjoy? This simple cake is the way to go. Enjoy it for breakfast, snack or just because…
Organic when you can
- 8 small fresh ripe bananas
- 8 pitted prunes
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- handful goji berries
- 2 tbsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking soda
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut milk (more if needed)
- 1 tbsp stevia leaf powder
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a bread tray with parchment paper.
- Add to blender bananas, prunes, baking soda, coconut milk, coconut oil, stevia.
- Blend together until smooth and add cashews, blending until smooth and thick (If your mixture gets too thick simply add a little more coconut milk until it can blend).
- Pour mixture into a mixing bowl and stir in oats, flax, goji, cinnamon (if using), berries and salt.
The berries will add moisture to your mixture… Pour into the lined baking tray, top with berries if you like and bake for 45-60 minutes covered for half the time.
- Check with a toothpick at 45 minutes and continue to bake if still wet in the middle.
- Remove from oven and cover with a clean towel to cool.
This is a lovely dense banana bread and will last in the fridge for a week wrapped, but it usually does not last that long!