December 23, 2019
One of my all-time favourite meals has always been fettuccine alfredo. I used to have it quite often at restaurants prior to becoming vegan, and every single time it made me sick (thank you dairy allergy!). Recently, I have not enjoyed any store-bought or homemade vegan alfredo sauces. After months of experimenting with different ingredients, I have nailed it! SERIOUSLY – restaurant quality, just ask my Italian husband!
Vegan Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
- 3-4 cups broccoli (more if desired) *you can use fresh or frozen, whatever you have is fine
- 16oz fettuccine noodles
- 1 can coconut milk *You can use unsweetened, full fat, whatever you like. Full fat will give you the creamiest sauce but we have used all types and they all taste amazing, and no you will not taste the coconut flavour!
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour *Optional – I usually add this when I am not using full fat coconut milk to add a creamier texture.
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (more if desired)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cook broccoli as desired (we mix it up between oven-roasted and steamed).
- Prepare fettuccine according to package.
- Pour a can of coconut milk into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper and stir.
- Stir frequently until sauce boils and starts to thicken.
- Let the sauce boil for 30-40 seconds and turn off the heat.
- Add cooked broccoli to fettuccine noodles.
- Pour alfredo sauce to the fettuccine and broccoli.
- Serve and ENJOY!
**This recipe makes approx. 8 servings**