December 23, 2019
This simple vegan twist on a classic favourite will be a family favourite in no time.
Vegan Cauliflower Nachos
Prep time: 5-10 min Cook Time: 20-25min
- 1 medium head cauliflower (or one full bag of cauliflower florets from Costco)
- 1 cup of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of non-dairy cheese
- 2-3 peppers, any colour
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 tablespoons plant-based butter or olive oil
- taco seasoning to taste
- 1 medium avocado
- Preheat over to 375*F
- Cut cauliflower into small-medium size pieces and lay flat on a cooking sheet. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil or add a few dabs of plant-based butter throughout. Put in the oven to roast while preparing toppings (about 15-20 min)
- While cauliflower is roasting, sautée sliced onions and peppers with plant-based butter and taco seasoning until softened (about 10-12 min)
- Remove roasted cauliflower from the oven and flip with a spatula. Top golden cauliflower with sautéed onions & peppers, black beans and non-dairy cheese.
- Put back in the oven to warm through (about 3-5 min)
- Served best warm and topped with sliced avocado and salsa.