February 11, 2021
Total Time: 55 minutes
Spicy Kale Chips
• 1 bunch curly kale, washed and chopped, ribs removed
• 1 tablespoon tahini
• 1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
• 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
• 1 teaspoon chilli powder or to taste
• ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
• ½ teaspoon cayenne
• ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 275 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients from your choice of dressing together until smooth.
- In a large bowl, pour the dressing over the chopped kale. Massage the dressing into the kale so all parts are covered with dressing and the leaves turn a darker, shiny green.
- Spread the kale evenly on the cookie sheets. Make sure the leaves aren’t overlapping. This prevents sogginess.
- Bake the chips for 15 minutes and rotate the cookie sheets front to back and top to bottom.
- Bake for another 15 minutes and check for crispness. If the chips aren’t crisp yet, rotate the cookie sheets again and bake for 5-10 minutes more.
- Allow the chips to cool for about 5 minutes on the cookie sheets, and then enjoy.