May 21, 2021
This is such an easy recipe for a quick on-the-go snack or an afternoon pick-me-up! This guilt-free treat only has 5 ingredients and is loaded with complex carbohydrates, fibre, protein & essential fatty acids.
There is no “added sugar,” as the only sweetener is all-natural honey and the bites themselves are pretty customizable to meet your nutritional needs. Feel free to omit the chocolate chips to lower the overall sugar content, or add a scoop of protein powder for some extra protein!
These are a great addition to your morning routine, and can even be consumed for a little bit of pre-workout energy.
Don’t be surprised if you find yourself making a batch of these on a weekly basis!
Chocolate Chip Chia Oat Bites
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond butter (peanut butter also works great in this recipe!)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes or so, and then remove them from the fridge and roll into balls (it makes about 15).
- Enjoy them right away, or place them back in the fridge and enjoy later!