January 10, 2014
These little balls of deliciousness are seriously good! Very low sugar too, which makes them a healthy snack alternative to your traditional cookie or snowball recipe. They even have the stamp of approval from a 5 & 7 year old who have very ‘selective’ taste!
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup peanut (or almond) butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- In a medium saucepan, mix together maple syrup and cocoa powder. Heat over medium heat until it becomes a chocolate sauce. Stir in milk of your choice, and coconut oil until all is melted into a smooth sauce.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla bean powder, salt, peanut or almond butter, oats, hemp seeds, and 1/2 of the coconut.
- Scoop up a spoonful of batter, roll in hands, roll in the remaining coconut, and place balls onto wax paper.
- Let them chill & set for about 20 minutes in the fridge before serving.
Cookies can be stored in the fridge for up to a week but I can guarantee they won’t last that long! 🙂