February 8, 2014
Awesome makeover! Fried rice is an all time favorite, but when you order it in a restaurant, it is busting with sodium, MSG, and unhealthy fat — all things you want to avoid whenever possible.
Give this recipe a try, it is tasty and a much better alternative.
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Amino’s
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground fresh chile paste
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt salt
- 2 large organic eggs, beaten
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups cooked and cooled brown rice
- 1/4 cup sliced shallots
- 8 oz chicken breasts, chopped into cubes
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup of broccoli chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red and yellow bell peppers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Cooking spray
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 4 lime wedges
1. Combine the first 4 ingredients, but only using HALF of the fish sauce, in a small bowl and set aside. Combine eggs and remaining 1/2 tbsp fish sauce in another bowl.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil, coating evenly. Add shallots, garlic & chicken; stir-fry 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add peas, broccoli and peppers and stir fry another 5 minutes. Add liquid mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute or until liquid thickens slightly, stirring occasionally. Add rice.
3. In another pan add egg mixture, swirling to coat pan & cook 30 seconds or just until egg is set. Transfer egg to a cutting board; chop. Stir egg into rice mixture. Top with green onion tops; garnish with lime wedges.