December 6, 2018
For those with allergies or those on a ketogenic diet here is an easy bread recipe.
This bread is not made in a traditional loaf pan but an 8×8 pan or equivalent rectangle pan.
Makes great sandwich bread and epic toast!!
Dairy Free, Egg Free, Grain Free Bread
- 1/2 cup psyllium husks
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 ground flax seed
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a food processor place psyllium and boiling water, with processor on low speed slowly drizzle in coconut oil until well blended.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Spread and press dough evenly into coconut oil greased pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 40-50 mins till firm. Let cool 15 mins in the pan before transferring to cooling rack.
- Cut into preferred serving size, then slit in half for sandwich or toast. Freezes well (pre-slice).