April 5, 2019
This recipe is great for a meal replacement, breakfast, on the go meals, a snack, or before a game/the gym. It provides a ton of nutritional value, is full of antioxidants, and helps heal the gut.
For the snack size just reduce the amounts by 50%.
You will need a powerful blender in order for the ice and cacao nibs to blend thoroughly.
Dairy-Free Superfood Gut Healing Smoothie
- 2 cups of your nut milk of choice (I prefer full fat coconut milk for the frothiness and flavour)
- 1 handful of frozen spinach (Pro-tip: freezing spinach extends it’s short shelf (fridge) life)
- 1 tablespoon of raw organic maca
- 1 tablespoon of organic super greens power blend – your greens of choice (My blend contains alfalfa grass, wheat grass, chlorella, ginger root, spirulina, licorice root, and much more)
- 1 tablespoon of organic (fermented) cacao nibs
- 3-6 ice cubes (depending on how thick you like your smoothie & if you add berries)
- Optional (frozen) berries of choice (The berries also add more flavour if your nut milk is unsweetened)
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly until your desired consistency
I always feel like a million bucks when I drink this smoothie, I hope you do too!