April 5, 2019
Friday’s are pizza night in our house and of course, we always make our own since we’re a whole foods, plant-based, dairy free household! We also like to try and minimize our gluten intake so making our own tasty version has always been a bit of a challenge… until now! I have finally mastered the great art form of creating a pizza dough crust that suits our lifestyle and tastes amazing too!
Friday Night Pizza Crust – GF/DF/Vegan
- 1 3/4 Cup Ground Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Chickpea Flour
- 1/2 Cup vegan cream cheese or spreadable cheese (Our go to is a local favourite called Humbleseedz)
- 2 tbsp. ground flax
- 1/2 tsp A. Vogel Herbamare (or salt of your choosing)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 3x Chia “Egg” Paste (3 TBSP ground chia in 3/4 cups warm water and let sit for 5 mins until thick consistency)
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Water
*Note: You can also add any other spices or herbs you enjoy! We like to also add basil and oregano on occasion!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Put ground almond, chickpea flour, vegan cheese, ground flax, and spices into a food processor and pulse until everything is blended together.
- Remove and place into a large bowl and mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Place in fridge for 10 minutes.
- On a pizza stone or a large cookie sheet with parchment paper, add your dough and spread using a spatula. If you find it is sticking to your spatula, use cling wrap to spread instead!
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven and add your toppings of choice.
- Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes. *start keeping an eye on it around the 15-minute mark as all ovens are different!