January 23, 2020
You can leave the guilt behind when you indulge in this healthy dessert! They are packed with many nutrient-dense ingredients and ‘superfoods’ that support our health. No baking required, and they are great for dinner parties, they are also gluten-free!
Healthy Almond Butter Dessert Balls
- 3 cups organic almond butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of raw hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp of raw chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of raw flaxseeds/ground flax
- 1/2 cup of Krisda chocolate chips (naturally sweetened with Stevia) (*Omit for Vegan option)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of dried goji berries
- 1 – 2 tbsp of organic raw honey (to desired sweetness)
- 2-3 cups of organic almond milk
- 1 ripe mashed banana (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the above ingredients well until uniform throughout. There should be a sticky consistency to the dough mixture. If it is too dry, add more almond milk or water.
- Roll pieces of the dough mixture into bite-sized balls, and then roll in a plate of unsweetened coconut until fully covered. Although they are ready to enjoy immediately, I find they are tastier after refrigerated in a sealed container overnight first.
- They may be enjoyed cold, at room temperature, or warmed up for a brief period until the chocolate chips melt (my favourite).
- Store extras in the freezer for long-term enjoyment.