October 16, 2017
Just Beet It, Juice
It’s getting colder and colder here in beautiful Ontario.
The leaves are gorgeous shades of yellow, orange and red.
The air is so crisp and fresh – just like this delicious juice.
Just Beet It, Juice.
makes 1 mason jar (approx. 16oz)
- 2 Beets: cleanses the liver, purifies the blood, anti-inflammatory and source of Fe.
- 2 large carrots: loaded with Vitamin A, anti-bacterial & viral, boosts immune system
- 1/2 lemon: rich in Vitamin A & C, alkalizes the body and flushes away toxins
- 1/4 cup of fresh ginger: anti-inflammatory, helps relieve digestive issues, fights infection
- 1 apple (pick something sweet, like a Gala): contains antioxidants called flavanoids, reducing the risk of diabetes & asthma. Boosts immunity
- Make sure to wash all of your fruit prior to juicing. I like to fill my sink with approx. 1/4 vinegar, 3/4 water and let them swim for about 15 minutes.
- When juicing, these ingredients will produce about 3/4 of juice in your mason jar, I top up mine with a bit of fresh filtered water and give it a good stir before drinking.
- Juice will stay fresh for about 2 days in the fridge. Make sure to stir before drinking if left untouched.