January 26, 2021
These bars are a pure delight both for your tastebuds and for your health! Maca and ashwagandha are natural adaptogens, helping the body to adapt to the stresses of our everyday life. Seeds are natural superfoods providing essential fatty and amino acids along with vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals. You can give some to your kids to support their growth with healthy fats and also take some with you to work or school – just a couple of these will keep you satisfied for a good 2-3 hours.
Multi-Seed Superfood Chocolate Bars
- 80g of dark chocolate chips (if not sweetened – add 2 tsp of coconut sugar)
- 30g of tahini
- 30g of coconut oil
- 140g of activated buckwheat (soaked overnight, dried in the oven or dehydrator)
- 60g toasted black and white sesame seeds
- 30g hemp seeds
- 1 tsp of maca powder
- 1 tsp of ashwagandha powder
- Pinch of salt
- Melt the chocolate chips on a water bath along with tahini and coconut oil in a medium bowl. Use medium heat and once the drops are melted remove them from the stove to not burn the chocolate. Mix well.
- Add activated buckwheat, all seeds, maca powder, ashwagandha, and salt. Mix again. Push into a silicone mould. Freeze for an hour. Remove from the mould and cut with a sharp knife.
Store in an air-tight container in a fridge for up to two weeks. Or serve immediately and there will be nothing to store in a few minutes.