July 8, 2019
My favourite Healthy Breakfast Bowl is also my favourite dessert bowl. For this recipe, any cereal grain can be used. When I use organic black or forbidden rice, it is my rice pudding bowl. When I use oatmeal or buckwheat or millet, it is my breakfast bowl. Although they all can be eaten as a grain pudding bowl.
My Favourite Healthy Breakfast / Dessert Bowl
- 3/4 cup of cooked oatmeal, rice, amaranth, buckwheat, or millet. (organic)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ground organic golden flax (I use a coffee mill)
- 1/2 cup of frozen organic wild blueberries (I buy them in bulk from Costco)
- 1 chopped and seeded organic apple (any kind)
- 1 Tbsp. Ceylon or true cinnamon (organic)
- 1/2 cup of your favourite organic non-dairy milk
- 1/4 tsp. Pumpkin Pie spice (or more to taste)
- Stevia powder to taste (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and warm until the desired temperature. In the summer, I like to just warm it enough to thaw the frozen berries, however, when I am cooler, I like to eat it hot.
- The beauty of this bowl is that you can add your favourite nuts or fruit or berries and enjoy!