September 13, 2017
Yummm is definitely the word to describe this healthy breakfast! I stumbled upon this recipe during my professional hockey career. This recipe was ideal because I needed some healthy fats and good protein to start my morning and also to help start my digestion on the right track. This recipe is one of my favourites and I highly recommend you try it for yourself!
OVERNIGHT CHIA SEED PUDDING!
You will start by pouring a cup of organic coconut milk in a container of choice, mixed with ¼ cup or 4 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon Maple syrup. Mix in berries of choice then sprinkle some cinnamon and nutmeg and a bit of clove if desired. You may also add some nuts and seeds for added texture. Let this sit overnight in the fridge and wake up in the morning eating some awesome Chia Seed Pudding.
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup Chia Seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract or choice of other sweetener
- Berries of choice
- Nuts and seeds of choice
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ Nutmeg and/or Clove
- Start with 1 cup of coconut milk while mixing in ¼ cup of Chia seeds.
- Add spices and sweetener of choice, while mixing in the berries or nuts and seeds.
- After mixing set the mixture in the fridge overnight, wakeup and enjoy!