June 19, 2013
Without a doubt!
1) Weight loss is a major focus for personal trainers. The success of any weight loss program depends largely on nutrition and less on physical activity – 80% of results come from what your client eats.
2) Personal trainers who are also certified in nutrition have the capacity to earn more because they can add new revenue streams to their business such as weight loss programs, meal planning, videos, and performance enhancing diets.
3) Good nutrition can heal the body, provide energy, and fight illness. Aches, pains, fatigue, the flu are all common reasons for clients to cancel appointments. Being able to advise your client on how to optimize their immune system, gain energy, and reduce inflammation helps retention, reduces cancellations, and allows you to help your clients felt their absolute best.
4) Clients have an expectation that their trainer can guide them about food intake, and being certified in nutrition allows the trainer to confidently do just that.
5) The personal training industry is ever evolving. Dual certification in fitness and nutrition is where the fitness industry is heading. “Body Transformation” is the buzz word for this trend. It is what clients want, and what will separate the good from the best.
6) If you were researching personal trainers, would you choose the one who can give you 20% of the results you seek, or the one who has the expertise to guide you 100% of the way?
If you are a personal trainer, yoga instructor or kinesiologist, our Holistic Nutrition & Health Coach or Sports & Fitness Nutrition diploma program will give you what you need to offer expert nutrition and lifestyle advice AND get paid for it.